How To Get The Life And Career You Want © – what you need to know and do
This programme and versions of it are designed specifically for students, spanning secondary school, college and university.
Programmes can be designed bespoke to specific need and cover a whole range of topics but there is a strong focus on motivation, aspiration, confidence, self-esteem and attitude.
- We work on goals, dreams and vision.
- What you can do yourself and need to be aware of.
- We also look at how the game works and a lot of the crucial things that no one ever teaches young people but knowledge of which can make all the difference.
A lot of the work we do distils and simplifies the best of personal and professional development. Life is a game, especially the job market and you’ve got to know how to play it.
Working with students at any age in groups or individually we look at:
- What’s important to you right now?
- What do you spend time hoping for / trying to achieve?
- Eventually there are certain things which will be really important to you in your life.
- Often, what you do for a career, and the choices you make determine how much choice or control you can have.
What You’ll Need
- The mix to make the match
- EQ (emotional intelligence) is now seen as a better predictor of success than IQ (intelligence quotient).
- Objection handling and awareness
- Mindset, focus, vision and belief
- To take care of yourself, mentally and physically.
What Employers Want
- Many employers will hire for attitude and train for skill.
- The employers’ perspective, their challenges, drivers, what they look for and why.
- How the recruitment process works, different entry routes including internships and work experience.
- We also look at how the game works, career paths and structures and a lot of the crucial things that no one ever teaches young people but knowledge of which can make all the difference.